Do you need quick cash for emergency purposes? There are numerous ways to earn money in an instant. In this article, we’ll guide you through some ways to make 400 dollars fast.
It might look impossible to earn $400 quickly for some, but if you need money now and are prepared to roll up your sleeves, you’ll have those dollars in your account in no time.
We’ve grouped the options to make $400 fast for your convenience. Read on.
Ways to Make 400 Dollars Fast – Work From Home
1. Start Blogging
Establishing your blogs can become a great source of passive income if you know the right content and audience to target.
You can follow these steps to start your blogging career today!
- Choose your blog topic
- Think of an attractive name for your blog
- Buy the domain name
- Buy domain hosting
- Use WordPress to shape your site
- Start blogging
2. Freelance Writing
If you know how to attract an audience with your words, becoming a freelancer is the best way to earn quick money. There are many platforms, such as Fiverr, FlexJobs, and Upwork, where you can find freelance writing jobs to begin your career.
3. Start Proofreading
Proofreading is a job where you need good language skills to qualify. As a proofreader, you need to examine the text and look for typing mistakes, grammatical errors, text style, and fluency.
If you don’t have proofreading experience, there are different courses you can follow. One free training is from Proofread Anywhere, a popular training by Caitlin Pyle that prepares you for the best remote proofreading jobs.
Here are the best platforms where proofreading gigs can be found:
4. Online Teaching
If you have knowledge about an in-demand subject, becoming an online teacher is one of the best ways of making $400 quickly. There are numerous online teaching platforms where you can try to earn more:
- ProProfs LMS
- Blackboard Collaborate
5. Earn by Reading Mails
Reading emails is one of the easiest ways of earning but does require a bit of time investment to make a good amount. A single email can make around 1 to 5 cents for you.
The apps that pay for reading emails are listed here:
6. Become a Transcriptionist
Transcriptionists are responsible for converting audio files into written documents. The job requires patience, as some projects involve transcribing audio on legal and medical topics.
An average transcriber earns around $25 an hour. You can earn $400 a week if you work consistently.
The following are some apps where you can apply for a transcriptionist job:
You can also check out the list of transcription jobs to get you started.
7. Become a Virtual Assistant
Virtual Assistants earn around $50 per hour, as the job requires a certain set of skills to qualify. These include administrative skills, detail orientation, organizing skills, and tech skills.
Virtual Assistants are usually responsible for organizing events, responding to emails, and managing clients’ personal stuff.
If you want to pursue the role of VA and don’t know where to start, enroll in Jump Start for your VA course. Learn the quick steps to becoming a virtual assistant.
Ways to Make 400 Dollars Fast – As a Teen
8. Take Part in Online Surveys
If you are a teenager, you would be the best candidate for taking surveys online since the requirements are not stringent compared to a regular job. They usually pay people to provide correct information about them, which helps these companies in their research projects.
The survey questions can be related to your lifestyle, products, services, or personal beliefs. You can earn as much as $600 per month if you participate in them consistently.
Here are some of the best survey apps you can try:
- Swagbucks. This rewards program lets you earn points by browsing the web, shopping online, and taking surveys. Signing up with Swagbucks is completely free. Your points are converted into gift cards or cashback. Read our full Swagbucks review here.
- InboxDollars. Sign up, start doing the online tasks, and earn extra cash with InboxDollars. Take the surveys, redeem coupons, play games online, watch videos, search the web, and more. Making money can’t get any easier than that! Read our full InboxDollars review here.
- Survey Junkie. You can earn extra cash through Survey Junkie by completing online surveys or sharing your data. You will be paid with gift cards or cash through Paypal. Read our full Survey Junkie review for more information.
9. Become a Website Tester
Testing a website is another quick money-making strategy that can help you make around $10 per 20 minutes of testing the website. You can make $400 in just under a week!
Some of these sites also pay for just signing up:
10. Play Games And Earn
Playing games is fun, but it gets even better when you get paid for it. Some apps in the market require your time to pay you; all they need from you is to play games on their app.
You can even start a YouTube gaming channel or a video gaming blog where you can also earn extra cash.
Ways to Make 400 Dollars Fast – Investing Options
11. Invest in Real Estate
Most people do not invest in real estate, thinking of it as a big investment project, but not anymore. In fact, investing in real estate is what most business people prefer.
Fundrise is a platform where you can invest in real estate for as low as $500.
Check out our full Fundrise review for more details.
12. Invest in Stocks
Investing in stocks never gets old, but it might take some time for you to generate profits. Don’t worry; we have got you apps that can allow you to make $400 in only a couple of weeks by stock investing.
These apps allow you to get free stocks worth between $10 and $100 after you sign up:
- M1 Finance. A stock and ETF brokerage, M1 Finance lets you invest for as low as $100. Read our full M1 Finance review and learn the services that it provides.
- DEGIRO. The same as M1 Finance, DEGIRO is an app based in Europe. Check out our full DEGIRO review article and start investing.
- Acorns. Invest by regularly saving a small amount of money with Acorns; this is called micro-investing. For more information, read our full Acorns review.
- BUX Zero. A European trading app where you get a free share valued up to €200. Sign up now and download the BUX Zero app here. Check out the full BUX Zero review for more details.
13. Invest in Cryptocurrencies
Cryptocurrencies have become popular among many investors as it is one of the quickest ways of earning cash from investments. These digital currencies can generate very high profits in just a few days but with a very high risk of loss.
One of the market’s largest and most reputable crypto exchanges is Binance, which offers users several ways of getting free cryptos.
If you want to start investing, try these platforms and get sign-up bonuses:
|$25 in Crypto.com Coin (CRO)||Must use our link, open account with referral code usmefwh2jp, and stake CRO||Get FREE Crypto!|
|$5 in Free Cryptocurrency||Must use our link and open SoFi Invest Android or SoFi Invest iOs account, then redeem a $5 bonus to a new SoFi Crypto account||Get FREE Crypto - Android|
Get FREE Crypto - iOs
|$50 in Free Bitcoin||Must use our link and deposit at least $400 of crypto within 30 days||Get FREE Crypto!|
|$25 in Free Bitcoin||Must use our link and buy at least $100 of crypto within 30 days||Get FREE Crypto!|
|$10 in Free Bitcoin||Must use our link and buy at least $100 of crypto within 30 days||Get FREE Crypto!|
|$10 in Free Bitcoin||Must use our link and buy at least $100 of crypto within 30 days||Get FREE Crypto!|
14. Invest in NFTs
NFTs are non-fungible tokens. It means that it is not easy to replace these tokens.
Once in your possession, no other person can have it as long as you do not decide to sell it, of course. These tokens can be anything digital, but digital arts are the most in-demand items in the market.
Here is our list of the best NFT marketplaces to buy and sell NFTs.
Ways to Make 400 Dollars Fast – Outside Work
15. Deliver Grocery and Food
Many companies are looking for people to deliver food to their customers. You can make quick money by applying for such jobs. The only requirement is a driving license and some driving experience.
We listed some of the apps where you can apply as a rider below:
- DoorDash – is a popular app-based food delivery service where you can earn as much as $500 a week. Read more on our full DoorDash review for more information.
- Postmates – is another popular delivery app like DoorDash. Check out our full DoorDash vs. Postmates review and see how they work for you.
- Instacart – is an app that lets people have their grocery shopping done. You’ll receive $5 for every delivery and $7-$10 for shopping and delivery.
16. Become a Driver
Becoming a part-time driver is one of the quickest ways to make $400.
In the past few years, online driver-booking apps have taken over the conventional cab system of the world. Anyone with a driving license and a car can register themselves to earn quick money by providing paid transport services.
If you own a van, you can also start your own transportation business by following this guide.
17. Become a Part-time Photographer
Do you have a talent for taking amazing photos? You can redeem your skill by selling your photos online! High-quality photos are in demand, and people pay a premium price for photos that attract them the most.
Some of the best online platforms where you can sell your photos are iStock, Adobe Stock, and PhotoMoolah.
Around 74% of parents in the United States hire babysitters to look after their children. A report from Zippia also states that there are over 61,725 babysitters employed in the US, which reflects the opportunity for you to earn a quick $400.
The job doesn’t require much expertise or skills, just a lot of patience and effort.
Ways to Make 400 Dollars Fast – Rental Services
19. Rent Out Your Vehicle
Owning a vehicle is a luxury that only a few people can afford. You can help others while making quick cash out of your car.
Earning from your car can be quite easy if you use these car-sharing companies:
- Avail Car sharing company
20. Register Your House on Airbnb
Airbnb hosts make about $924 a month on average. However, the amount of money you earn depends on the services you offer and the overall quality of your home.
Running an Airbnb business is highly profitable, but make sure that you maintain your house well to attract more customers.
Important Tips About Making Money Fast
Money-making can be easy but don’t get too caught up in this. Some websites and apps make unrealistic claims to trap you, and you must identify these fake apps and websites beforehand.
If you don’t know how just follow these tips:
- Don’t provide your bank account information without checking the platform’s authenticity.
- Search for reviews on reliable sources.
- Prefer working with reputable websites.
- Don’t fall for “you can make money within minutes” claims.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – How to Make 400 Dollars Fast
How Can I Make $400 in a Week?
There are many jobs in the market that you can do to make $400 a week. Some of them include:
- Take part in surveys
- Sell used items on online platforms
- Invest in stocks
- Be a DoorDash driver
What to Do if I Need Money Now?
If you need cash immediately, the usual emergency recourse is borrowing from family or friends, using your credit card to take out advance cash, requesting payroll advance, or taking a loan from a bank.
However, if you understandably don’t want to be saddled with debt, consider the options listed in this article, such as:
- Selling some of your old items online
- Selling unused gift cards
- Renting out a room of your house on Airbnb (Payment gets delivered 24 hours after check-in)
Conclusion – How to Make 400 Dollars Fast
You can make 400 dollars fast. Whether babysitting, participating in surveys, or selling unused items, you can earn your way out of your emergency without borrowing money.
The side hustle ideas we have provided above will certainly allow you to earn quick bucks. But, you can avoid being in such a situation often by smart financial moves, which include expanding your income sources, saving, and investing your money.
If you want to learn about other legitimate money-making methods, read these related articles:
- How To Make Money With A Closet Cleanout
- How To Make 200 Dollars In One Day
- How To Flip Money – 25 Legit Ways To Flip Some Cash
Founder of Spark Nomad, Radical FIRE, Journalist
Expertise: Personal finance and travel content
Education: Bachelor of Economics at Radboud University, Master in Finance at Radboud University, Minor in Economics at Chapman University.
Over 200 articles, essays, and short stories published across the web.
Experience: Marjolein Dilven is a journalist and founder of Spark Nomad, a travel platform, and Radical FIRE, a personal finance platform. Marjolein has a finance and economics background with a master’s in Finance. She has quit her job to travel the world, documenting her travels on Spark Nomad to help people plan their travels. Marjolein Dilven has written for publications like MSN, Associated Press, CNBC, Town News syndicate, and more.