Want to know everything about me? You’ve come to the right page. Let’s dive right in!
Hello, Welcome to Radical FIRE!
Radical FIRE is a personal finance platform that is all about financial independence. At Radical FIRE, you will learn to save money, make more money, and invest to optimize your way to freedom. We want you to reach your financial goals and have fun while doing it!
I’m Marjolein, and I decided in 2018 to turn my finances around. I want to become financially free and live the life of my dreams.
I’m doing everything in my power to minimize my time to financial freedom and maximize my joy on the way.
I started this site 1.5 years ago as a way to track my journal to financial independence. I was in $20,000 of student loan debt, spent my money on things I didn’t even value, and didn’t enjoy my day job at all.
One day I desperately typed into Google: ‘how to be financially free’ and I found the awesome corner of the internet that is called the FIRE (financial independence or retire early) community. I crunched my numbers and noticed that I could be financially free in 10 years if I would stop spending like it was 23:59 pm on Black Friday.
That’s When Things Got Serious
I took financial independence serious by:
- Always Negotiating – I’ve increased my salary from 24K in 2018 to 42K in 2020. That’s a 75% increase.
- Lived On Half My Income – by living with roommates until I was 25, spending $70 on groceries monthly, and not having a car.
- Started A Side Hustle – at the moment mainly this blog, freelance writing, and selling things around the house.
- Start Investing – mainly in one low-cost index fund that saves me thousands per year by having low fees at 0.2%.
- Spend Aligned With My Values – start to track my spending, see where I spent the most, and cut back on spending that didn’t make me happy. This enabled me to:
My intention with this website is to educate myself and others around Financial Independence and Retire Early (FIRE). I want to empower you to take control of your finances. I believe everyone can be financially independent and retire early if they want it.
This Radical FIRE community is where I’ll hope to find like-minded people who are sharing a similar view! If you have a passion for your personal finances and the FIRE movement, this is the place for you!
I would love to help you by providing you with FREE resources in my free resource library!
Fun Facts About Me:
- I love Christmas so much that every time I was out and about traveling the world, I came back literally the day before Christmas to celebrate.
- I am very big on women supporting women. This is super important to me. I am giving EVERYTHING to lift women up, get them confident with their finances & see themselves as the boss babe they are.
- My dream life would be living in an RV, a tiny house, or a van. To test my minimalist tendencies and see if I can declutter that much.
- I love to travel, I’ve been to North America, South America, Africa & Europe. Next year I’m planning to visit Asia as well!
Want to ask me something more? Let me know below or contact me directly.