“What do you think?” Answer that question and get paid for your opinion. Sounds like a good gig? Let’s check out which of the 2 most popular survey apps will prevail in this face-off: Swagbucks vs. Survey Junkie.
Welcome to the world of online survey sites. Nowadays, making money from answering surveys or participating in paid focus groups remotely has been a legitimate income source for many. While you won’t get rich overnight doing online surveys, it’s an easy way to earn extra money in your spare time.
This article will compare 2 of the most popular survey apps, Swagbucks and Survey Junkie, to understand each platform’s unique features, similarities, and differences. Read on to know more about the Swagbucks vs. Survey Junkie contest.
Swagbucks is an online rewards platform that helps users earn points (called Swagbucks, or “SB”) for completing surveys, watching videos, shopping online, and more. Users can then redeem their SB for PayPal cash or gift cards from over 1,500 major retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Nike, and Starbucks.
With over 15 million users worldwide, Swagbucks has quickly become a popular way to earn rewards online. Joining the platform is free, and you even get a $5 sign-up bonus equivalent to 1,000 SB. When you refer new members, you can also earn rewards amounting to 10% of what your referrals earn.
Here are 6 different ways to earn money on Swagbucks.
1. Make Swagbucks Your Default Search Engine
You can earn SB simply by using Swagbucks as your default search engine.
You can earn SB whenever you browse or surf something on their browser. The amount of SB you can earn varies, but it typically ranges from 1-5 SB per search.
2. Complete Surveys
Companies are always looking for consumer feedback. That’s why Swagbucks offers surveys and polls that you can complete to earn SB.
The surveys are usually short (5-10 minutes) and typically pay anywhere from 10-100 SB.
3. Watch Short Videos
Swagbucks has a wide variety of videos you can watch to earn SB. The videos range in topic and length, but they’re all relatively short (1-5 minutes). You can usually earn 1-2 SB per video, although some may pay more.
There are various Swagbucks hacks you can apply when watching videos to make sure you earn more money when using the platform.
4. Internet Surfing
Swagbucks has a toolbar you can install on your browser. Whenever you use the toolbar to browse the internet, you’ll be randomly entered into a drawing to win.
You can also use the toolbar to search for deals and coupons on popular sites like Amazon and eBay.
5. Finding Deals Online
In addition to the toolbar, Swagbucks has a deals page where you can find coupons and promo codes for popular sites.
When you use a deal from Swagbucks, you’ll typically earn 1-5% cash back in the form of SB.
6. Playing Video Games
Swagbucks recently launched an online gaming platform called “SwagIQ.” You can play games on SwagIQ to win SB.
The games are trivia-based and range in difficulty from easy to hard. You can also play against other players in head-to-head matches. This is an awesome way to earn extra SB if you’re competitive.
About Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie is an online market research company that allows users to participate in online surveys in exchange for cash.
So how does it work?
First, you must sign up for an account with Survey Junkie. Once you’re done, you’ll be able to start taking surveys. The surveys can cover a wide range of topics, and they’ll be based on your demographics (age, gender, location, etc.).
The more surveys you take, the more money you’ll get. And there is no limit to how much you can make! There are many Survey Junkie hacks that enable you to maximize your earnings on the website and earn more money.
Below are the activities you can participate in to make money online.
1. Online Shopping
You can earn money from Survey Junkie by completing online surveys about your shopping habits. You can help companies improve their products and services by sharing honest feedback.
You can also get cash drawings and other exciting prize giveaways.
2. Paid Online Surveys
Survey Junkie also offers paid online surveys, allowing you to earn even more. These surveys are typically longer and more detailed than the standard ones, offering higher rewards for your time.
3. Watch Videos
In addition to taking surveys, you can earn money by watching videos on Survey Junkie. These videos may be educational, informative, or simply entertaining.
No matter what type of video you watch, you’ll be earning cash that can be redeemed for prizes or withdrawn through PayPal. So, kick back and relax while you earn!
4. Referring to Friends
You can earn money by referring Survey Junkie to your friends. You’ll receive a bonus for each friend you refer who completes a survey.
So, start spreading the word about Survey Junkie today and earn even more cash!
5. Playing Video Games
Believe it or not, you can earn money by playing video games on Survey Junkie. These games are specially designed to provide market research data and are a lot of fun to play!
Read the complete Survey Junkie review here for more details.
Swagbucks vs. Survey Junkie – Which is Right For Me?
Swagbucks vs. Survey Junkie – which is the better platform for your situation? Both sites have pros and cons, which could be further classified according to ease of use, country availability, payment (rates and time frame), and other factors.
Let’s take a closer look at each survey site.
Swagbucks – Pros
Swagbucks is a get-paid-to website that allows you to earn points (called SB) through various online activities.
The advantages of Swagbucks include:
- Multiple Ways to Earn. One of the great things about Swagbucks is that there are many different ways to earn. From the get-go, you can earn a $5 signup bonus and referral bonuses when people you invite join the platform.
You can earn SB by taking surveys, shopping online, watching videos, searching the web, and more. With Swagbucks, it can be easy to rack points, even if you only have a few minutes to spare.
- Ease of Use. The Swagbucks website is user-friendly, with an organized support and ticketing system. Another added convenience is the dedicated mobile app and website, making it a flexible option while you’re on the go.
- Country Availability. Another plus is that Swagbucks is available in many countries. In addition to the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, Swagbucks is also available in most European and Asian countries. They’re currently adding more African countries to their list. So no matter where you live, you can likely use Swagbucks.
- Payment (Rates and Time Frame). When it comes to payments, Swagbucks is excellent. There is no minimum withdrawal amount, so you can redeem your points for a $1 gift card or cash. Payments are also processed quickly and smoothly through Paypal or various gift card providers.
- Legitimate Mother Company. The company is operated by a large, well-known corporation, Prodege, LLC, which adds an extra layer of legitimacy. You don’t have to worry about scammers polluting the online market.
Swagbucks – Cons
- Customer service might seem unresponsive, with its issue resolution taking as much as 10 business days, especially if the problem requires a fix from the Swagbucks Tech team, Compliance, or approval from its partners.
- Qualification scenario plays a vital role in participating in various surveys, depending on your profile. It can get frustrating for members to repeatedly provide their personal information to surveys and later be informed that they are not qualified.
Survey Junkie – Pros
Below are some of the plus points you can expect from Survey Junkie. Let’s look and decide which stands out in the end.
- Ease of Use. The platform is designed to be user-friendly, and it’s easy to navigate your way around with fewer control options than Swagbucks.
- Payment (Rates and Time Frame). The platform has a $10 payment threshold, typically processed within 48 hours. You can choose to receive your payments via PayPal or direct bank deposit.
- Other factors. Survey Junkie offers several types of surveys; it also provides multiple options to cash out, e.g., via gift cards from top retailers such as Amazon, Groupon, iTunes, Sephora, Starbucks, Target, and Walmart; cash to your PayPal account; prepaid Visa card, and; in the U.S., direct bank transfers with a $5 minimum.
Overall, it’s a great platform for anyone looking to make extra money in their break or spare time.
Survey Junkie – Cons
- No sign-up bonus.
- Country Availability. The survey site is limited to some countries, including the US, the UK, Canada, and Australia.
Swagbucks vs. Survey Junkie: A Comparison
|Ease Of Use
|Swagbucks has more options with its extremely user-friendly platform with an organized support and ticketing system. It also has 7 different mobile apps (iOS and Android).
|Survey Junkie offers fewer interface options and, thus, makes it easier for users to navigate.
|Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and several other European, Asian, and African countries
|Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia
|Ways to Earn
Online paid surveysScanning ReceiptsUsing Swagbucks Search EnginePlaying Games OnlineTrying New Products and ServicesShopping CashbackUsing the SwagButton browser extension Booking Your Discount TravelInstalling Free AppsAnswering the Daily PollAnswering the Survey Profile QuestionsPlaying Live TriviaSaving Money on Prescriptions (Rx)Getting all the Free Signup Bonuses
Online paid surveysSharing Data with SJ PulseProduct TestingOnline Focus GroupsIn-Person Focus GroupsPhone Surveys
|Gift cards, PayPal, and charitable donations
|Gift cards, PayPal, Visa Prepaid Card, and Bank Transfer
|Web and mobile app
|Web and mobile app
|A- rating on BBB
|B rating on BBB
Other Survey Apps Like Swagbucks and Survey Junkie
Aside from Swagbucks and Survey Junkie, several other survey apps can help you make money.
Here are a couple of platforms we like and use:
- InboxDollars. Get paid for taking surveys, shopping online, watching videos, and more. Get a $5 bonus when you sign up now. Read the full InboxDollars review for more details.
- MyPoints. Earn points for taking surveys, shopping online, watching videos, and more. Redeem and exchange your points for gift cards or cash. Sign up with our link, and you’ll get $10 when you’ve made your first cashback purchase of the platform.
Check out the full review of MyPoints to help you understand the platform in detail.
- Opinion Outpost. Take surveys and earn cash or gift cards. Check out the full Opinion Outpost review here.
- Pinecone Research. Earn cash or prizes for taking surveys on various topics.
- Vindale Research. Earn cash or prizes for taking surveys on various topics.
- American Consumer Opinion. American Consumer Opinion is another market research company that conducts online surveys on behalf of businesses and organizations.
- Toluna. Take surveys and earn redeemable points for cash or prizes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Swagbucks vs. Survey Junkie
Are Swagbucks Surveys Worth It?
Yes, Swagbucks is one of the best-paid survey sites. Swagbucks offers a great way to earn extra money in your spare time, from taking online surveys to product testing.
So, if you want to earn extra income online by working from home, Swagbucks demands your attention.
What Online Survey Pays the Most?
Although there are many free survey websites, not all offer the same compensation for your time. Some will give you points that can be redeemed for gift cards, while others offer cash prizes or even free products.
Which One Is Better: Swagbucks or Survey Junkie?
Swagbucks and Survey Junkie are great options for anyone looking to make extra money by taking online surveys. However, each platform has its pros and cons.
Ultimately, the best option for you will depend on your personal preferences.
Conclusion – Swagbucks vs. Survey Junkie
After weighing these 2 survey platforms’ benefits and drawbacks, you can see that Swagbucks and Survey Junkie both deserve your time and effort investment.
Survey Junkie stands out as a platform dedicated to surveys and polls; however, it has a higher payout threshold ($5) and is only available in a few countries.
Aside from surveys, Swagbucks offers more ways to earn with its micro tasks and shopping options. It is available in most countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia, and some African countries. It also has a lower payment threshold; members can withdraw their cash/points starting at $1.
You can try several survey apps to determine which one is most suitable for you. This article can only guide you in choosing your better option; the bottom line rests upon your circumstances, work preferences, and financial goals.
- Swagbucks Vs. InboxDollars – Which Site Fits You?
- 20 Exciting, Legit Jobs That Pay Daily [Online & Offline]
Founder of Spark Nomad, Radical FIRE, Journalist
Expertise: Personal finance and travel content
Education: Bachelor of Economics at Radboud University, Master in Finance at Radboud University, Minor in Economics at Chapman University.
Over 200 articles, essays, and short stories published across the web.
Experience: Marjolein Dilven is a journalist and founder of Spark Nomad, a travel platform, and Radical FIRE, a personal finance platform. Marjolein has a finance and economics background with a master’s in Finance. She has quit her job to travel the world, documenting her travels on Spark Nomad to help people plan their travels. Marjolein Dilven has written for publications like MSN, Associated Press, CNBC, Town News syndicate, and more.