Are you having financial challenges? Do you want to make more money on the side? Swagbucks vs. InboxDollars are two popular survey sites that provide different opportunities for you to earn extra money on the side.
When you talk about making money online, one of the methods that will top the search results is surveys. You can also make extra money watching videos, playing games, surfing, rewards like gift cards or coupons, and even shopping. So you know that there are a lot of options available, right? But where do you start?
What if I tell you that there are platforms where you can use all these ways to earn extra money in one place? That would certainly help make your side hustle search easier, right? Get to know InboxDollars and Swagbucks as the platforms to help you with your journey.
The real question that needs to be addressed is, which of the two sites pays more money? Is It Swagbucks? Or is it InboxDollars? The answer relies on what you’re looking for in a paid survey site because both sites are easy to navigate and offer great deals.
Let’s learn more about Swagbucks vs. InboxDollars and decide which provides more opportunities and allows you to earn money fast.
Swagbucks is one of the popular online platforms with millions of members and offers various rewards you can earn from activities such as taking surveys, shopping online, discovering offers, watching videos, referrals, and more.
When you use Swagbucks, you get rewarded with points. You just need to convert the points you earned into cash and prizes after accumulating the required points if you want cash.
People use Swagbucks to collect points for shopping online, considering there are more than 1,000 stores you can choose from. If online shopping is not your thing, then you can try to earn points by signing up for free samples.
Moreover, you can also earn more money through playing games in Swagbucks. They have a wide variety of selections to choose from.
Once you have gathered enough points, you can now redeem them for gift cards for retailers like Walmart and Amazon. Also, you can select to receive cash via PayPal cashout.
Pros of Swagbucks
Here are some reasons why you should consider Swagbucks:
- Pays Well – Swagbucks survey generally pays $1 or more for each one rather than the standard 10 cents that many other surveys tend to pay. Even though you didn’t qualify in a survey, Swagbucks will still pay you so you will not lose your earnings.
- Use Swagbucks’ Browser – By setting Swagbucks as your primary search engine, you can get rewards every time you use the internet.
- Access Sweepstakes – Use Swagbucks to access contests and earn gift cards.
- Wide Selection Of Earning Opportunities – Aside from taking surveys, you can also earn points by playing games, watching videos, and surfing the internet. Furthermore, Swagbucks TV provides you money to watch shows online, while the Swagbucks toolbar provides money for surfing the web.
- Exclusive Deals – Swagbucks offers exclusive deals such as swag codes, coupons, sales, and ways to save money when you shop online. You can find the Swag codes both on the app or in your Swagbucks inbox.
- A $10 Sign-Up Bonus – By signing up with Swagbucks, you get to have $10. However, you must first meet the conditions for you to receive the bonus. One of them is to spend $25 at a feature store within 30 days of registration.
- Great Rewards Options – Swagbucks has more rewards options than the other sites. You can either go the traditional way and opt for cash or choose from one of the gift cards.
Cons Of Swagbucks
Swagbucks has some downsides that may affect your decision, but it is important to know if they really influence what you’re looking for in a paid survey site.
- You Are Paid In Points – With this, users are confused with the payment, but essentially, every 100 Swagbucks you have is worth $1.
- To Cash Out, You Are Required To Have 2,500 Swagbucks – For every 2,500, Swagbucks gives you $25 through PayPal. You can earn gift cards for fewer Swagbucks.
- You Won’t Get Rich – If you want to get rich fast, survey sites are not for you.
InboxDollars is an online rewards platform that allows you to make money by doing surveys, watching videos, surfing the web, and playing games. It is one of the more advanced sites and was established in 2000.
InboxDollars provides various micro-tasks you can choose from to complete for money.
Even though InboxDollars is only available in the United States, their website declares that they will expand its horizon so that people around the world who want to join can. Prior to this time, you still can’t participate if you live outside the US.
Signing up on this platform is easy and simple. You will have to provide your basic information, and after completing it, you are now a member. The process takes less than 5 minutes.
After completing the registration, you can now choose from a long list of paid tasks and earn. Some of the tasks are taking short opinion polls, reviewing products, taking long questionnaires, etc.
Other than making the cash, you can also optimize them by signing up for their referral bonus program or participating in sweepstakes weekly.
Pros Of InboxDollars
Here are the advantages if you use InboxDollars:
- Sign-Up Bonus – When you’re new to the platform, you get a $5 sign-up bonus when using this link.
- Offers A Referral Bonus – One of the best advantages of InboxDollars is their referral program. For every friend or family you refer to, you can earn $1 per referral once the account is activated. Moreover, InboxDollars provides you a way to earn an additional 30% in all qualified earnings you made through a referral!
- Multiple Earning Opportunities – Another benefit from InboxDollars is that it is not limited to surveys only, meaning you can earn money through several ways such as watching videos, playing games, referral programs, and more.
- Partners With Well-Known Brands – While most of the online reward clubs have connections with companies/ marketplaces that you’ve never heard of, InboxDollars has connections with some of the well-known brands and companies like Netflix, eBay, and Stamps.com.
- Pretty straightforward to navigate – The website has been specifically designed to let their members navigate with ease. Also, they are well-organized by categories, and members can always see the amount of cash in their balance.
Cons of InboxDollars
Looking into the downsides of InboxDollars:
- Only US Citizens Can Join – Residents outside the US will find it challenging to be eligible for surveys.
- Accounts Expire If You Stay Inactive – After not using your account for six months, your account becomes inactive on the platform.
- High Minimum Payout Threshold – You need a minimum of $30 to cash out on the platform.
- Tasks Are Mostly Time-Sensitive – Some of their surveys are going to be longer, but you won’t be making as much. If you are looking to maximize the amount of money you earn for clicking answers, you’ll need to look elsewhere. Most surveys pay between $0.25-$5.00.
InboxDollars Vs. Swagbucks – Earning Possibilities
Torn between the two survey sites? The first thing people would want to know about the rewards site is the earning possibilities they offer. Taking surveys is the easiest way to earn money, but it can get monotonous at times.
The great news is that these sites have many activities provided for you to take and make extra income. Check out their earning potential offers that you can do online anytime and anywhere.
One thing that Swagbucks and InboxDollars have in common is that they both offer paid surveys, and this is where the real money is. By doing a survey, you can earn between $0.5-$2 on InboxDollars, while with Swagbucks, you can earn up to $30 in Swagbucks for every survey.
As you have noticed, InboxDollars pays less while Swagbucks pays more. That’s because InboxDollars has more short surveys available than Swagbucks.
And you know what that means, right? You have a high chance to earn more money. But keep in mind that high-paying surveys are long, and not everyone qualifies for them.
In addition, both of these sites have mobile apps, making it more accessible for you to take surveys while you’re on the go. Most surveys you will encounter are about brands, services, products, and more.
Playing games is something to look forward to when you access Swagbucks and InboxDollars. They both give you an opportunity to earn money while doing what you love, and that is to enjoy your favorite games on their sites.
InboxDollars offers many games you can play with. After completing a game and earning, you can use your money to join in tournaments and win exciting prizes.
While Swagbucks allows you to earn money by playing famous games such as Bingo, Wheel of Fortune, Deal or No Deal, and Solitaire, you will be paid if you pass certain levels or earn in-game points.
Referrals and Bonuses
This is one of the most expected ways to earn money with reward sites. By becoming a member, you get to earn bonus points. InboxDollars gives you $5 as soon as you sign-up.
With Swagbucks, you will get the $10 sign-up bonus if you shop on the site or fill out surveys.
Another bonus you get upon signing up with InboxDollars is when you refer your friend or family, you get $1 for every friend who joins your link. Plus, you get 30% of their earnings when they become regular.
Similarly, Swagbucks provides you 300 Swagbucks for each friend who joins, worth $3 per person.
Special Offers and Sweepstakes
Swagbucks has its own version of sweepstakes, and it is called Swagstakes. You can use your Swagbucks to join and win awesome rewards. With this, you can double your earnings on the platform.
Other than that, Swagbucks provides you extra Swagbuck points if you redeem your earnings for gift cards from specific brands. For instance, if you choose to buy a gift card from Walmart or other brands, you get an additional 300 Swagbucks points.
Similar to that, InboxDollars also gives you money once you finish the short tasks in their special offer section. Some of these tasks require you to download some apps or to buy some products.
For example, when you buy a book, you get $6 as a bonus, or when you sign-up for UberEats, you get a $50 sign-up bonus.
Another easy task to do and will surely love is watching videos. If you love watching movies or tv shows, then Swagbucks and InboxDollars is the right platform for you to earn money while enjoying your hobby.
The great thing about these tasks is that it does not require your full attention to watch the videos. You can play them and do something else.
Swagbucks pays you around $0.25-$1 for every ad and product advertisement you watch. They usually last for 5-10 seconds. While on InboxDollars, you’ll receive a scratch-off card for every video you watch, and if you are lucky, you can win awesome prizes and cash as well.
Do you love shopping? If so, then it is time to earn some cashback using these reward sites. To get cashback, you will have to do your shopping through the Swagbucks app to get cashback. For every dollar you spend shopping in Swagbucks, you get 1-25% cashback, and points usually depend on the brand you shop from.
Just like Swagbucks, InboxDollars has cashback offers, and it is around 1.5%-15% cashback for every shopping session through its platform. Buying from luxury items or buying your groceries from their partner brands lets you earn money and save too.
InboxDollars Vs. Swagbucks – Payout Methods Compared
Usually, what people also look into when you compare two reward sites, is their payment methods. Preferably most sites payout through the most convenient way like PayPal or coupons.
Swagbucks uses SwagBucks as their currency. For each task you complete, you get to earn a particular amount of SwagBucks, where you can use the said points to redeem a certain award.
To redeem a reward in Swagbucks, you will have to meet the minimum SwagBucks (points). Swagbucks has a reward that you can redeem when you have earned around $2 worth of points.
To simply put into context, every 100 SwagBucks you earn is equivalent to $1.
Now, if you want to convert to money, you may, but the minimum SwagBucks you need to have is 2,500 for you to convert it into money, and that is via PayPal.
As for InboxDollars, it has a different payout method from Swagbucks. Rather than getting a point for every finished task, you get paid in dollars. Your earnings will reflect automatically in your account, and once you have reached the amount of $30, then you can request payment.
InboxDollars differs from Swagbucks in cases such as they don’t offer gift cards as a reward. However, they do offer and pay through PayPal. After you request payment, you can check your mail if it has already been sent to your PayPal account.
Other than PayPal, you can also opt to receive a prepaid visa or an InboxDollars ecard to get your payment. The downside of this is that they have a processing fee from the amount you’ve requested, and that’s usually around $3.
InboxDollars Vs. Swagbucks – Which One Should You Choose?
Both Swagbucks and InboxDollars have similar structures, earning money or rewards from completing offers. InboxDollars allows you to earn cash while Swagbucks pays you in SwagBucks, their point system that can be converted to cash and gift cards.
These sites are a great selection for casual users, meaning if your goal is to earn extra income, these platforms will help you make some more cash.
The earnings you get from surveys will help you pay for gas, food, some clothes, or just to buy something to get you by. This extra cash is not considered a full-time income, and it’s only good for getting discounts or gifts you can use for special occasions.
You can choose which site you want to use, and you have the privilege to do both too. Double the site doubles the chances of earning rewards, and at the same time, you get to have different deals from both of them.
Other High-Earning Survey Sites Like Swagbucks And InboxDollars
If you are looking for other sites that can help you earn extra cash other than Swagbucks and InboxDollars, then take a look at our list below.
They are some of the highest-paying survey sites that pay cash and other rewards in exchange for you taking a survey or doing other tasks.
MyPoints is one of the best-known sites that allows its users to earn extra income through surveys, shopping offers, and more. Most of the surveys in MyPoints pay from 30 to 500 points, but there are more surveys that pay even more.
You can redeem points for gift cards to retailers such as Best Buy, Target, Amazon, and Target. You can also redeem points for prepaid Visa gift cards. The point to dollar ratio in Mypoints can fluctuate. However, it is usually 175 points = $1.
MyPoints is also known as a shopping deals website. It has a wide variety of selections for you to earn points via shopping deals like cashback, promo codes, discount codes, printable coupons, visiting featured sites, booking discounted travel, and more.
If you like buying things online or thinking of purchasing anything online in the future, then it’s worth using MyPoints as your site to earn more money. Just like Swagbucks and InboxDollars, you’ll get a signing up bonus for joining amounting to $10.
Survey Junkie is one of the top sites when you talk about earning money through surveys. They have over 10 million members, and they also made it easy to earn cash online.
For every survey you take, you get to earn points that can be redeemed either through e-gift cards from brands like Amazon and Target or PayPal cash.
Survey Junkie is free and has a minimum cashout amount of $10, the lowest threshold payout among Swagbucks and InboxDollars. You don’t have to worry about its legitimacy. It is completely legit and has already paid thousands of dollars to its members.
If you’re from the United States, Canada, or Australia, sign up for Survey Junkie for free today. If you want to know more about Survey Junkie, you can read our full article review.
The Showdown – Swagbucks Vs. InboxDollars
We’ve reached the final showdown of our two most popular reward platforms that lets you earn money simply by completing certain tasks. Did you notice that there isn’t much difference between Swagbucks and InboxDollars?
The only difference they have is that InboxDollars pays you directly in money, while with Swagbucks, you have to first convert the SwagBucks into real money. That is just a minor difference and does not have much weight when considering that the bottom line is you get to earn extra cash for yourself. Both sites also collaborate with well-known brands and retailers to buy gift cards and rewards.
If you are planning to spend the time on a reward site, it’s best to go for Swagbucks, where they have a lot of offers with high-profile rewards such as a dinner in well-known restaurants, and you also get to enjoy discounts on hotel and travel fares.
Now, if you only spend a few minutes, then InboxDollars is what you should go for. Taking short surveys sharing your opinions lets you earn money to cover your small expenses.
So, which site fits you?
Founder of Spark Nomad, Radical FIRE, Journalist
- Expertise: Personal finance and travel content
- Education: Bachelor of Economics at Radboud University, Master in Finance at Radboud University, Minor in Economics at Chapman University.
- Over 200 articles, essays, and short stories published across the web.
Experience: Marjolein Dilven is a journalist and founder of Spark Nomad, a travel platform, and Radical FIRE, a personal finance platform. Marjolein has a finance and economics background with a master’s in Finance. She has quit her job to travel the world, documenting her travels on Spark Nomad to help people plan their travels. Marjolein Dilven has written for publications like MSN, Associated Press, CNBC, Town News syndicate, and more.