Reward sites are the longest-running and one of the easiest ways to make money online. As more people are finding ways to earn extra income, they want to check out different platforms. In this MyPoints review, you’ll learn exactly how you can make money on this platform.
Earning some extra cash is always challenging. But if you know where to look, a lot of doors may open up for you.
In this day and age, there are a lot of sites and platforms that can bring you that much-needed additional money. But which platform should you choose? What site can give you money now?
We will be giving you an overview of MyPoints, how you can collect points, and how more and more people are getting hooked with this money-making site. Learn how to make a profit the best way possible on your own timeline.
What Is MyPoints?
MyPoints is a rewards platform site where you can earn points from shopping online, watching videos, taking surveys, playing games, and a whole lot more. MyPoints is one of the oldest online survey sites and provides rewards and cash to people in the United States and Canada.
They’ve been around since 1996 and have over 20 million users. MyPoints can be accessed through their website or on their free mobile app.
Accumulating points on the platform is easy, and you start earning points right when signing up. How easy is that?
How To Make Money On MyPoints?
Earning points is one thing, but how about making money on MyPoints? You can earn points by shopping, using coupons, taking surveys, reading emails, and watching videos.
The more points you collect, the more value you will get when you exchange them. Most people get points throughout the year and turn them into cash when they want to buy something.
To redeem points, you can cash them out through Paypal, ask for gift cards, or credit your United MileagePlus account. Gift cards can be used on popular sites such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and iTunes.
Plus, when you sign up with our link, you’ll get $10 when you’ve made your first cashback purchase of the platform.
How To Sign Up With MyPoints?
Signing up for MyPoints is as easy as 1-2-3 and free! First, go to the site or download the app. Second, register and fill up the needed information. Lastly, verify and confirm your email address.
You can now start using MyPoints and collect your points. When you spend $20 through MyPoints at any participating retailer within your first 30 days of membership, you will earn an extra sign-up bonus of 1,750 points, just enough for a $10 gift card.
Sign up now with our link to earn your $10 gift card.
MyPoints is considered to have the highest point-earning site opportunities compared to the other sites and apps. Amazing, isn’t it?
How Does The MyPoints Survey System Work?
MyPoints is one of the top sites when it comes to surveys. It is the most common method of getting paid through market research panels, which is easy to earn money. Pairing that with MyPoints, you can get paid with cash.
When you sign up with MyPoints, you will be required to provide personal information. Doing that will allow MyPoints to see which criteria you fall under and send you the proper surveys for your demographics to gain points with.
For every 10 questions you answer, you will gain points. This is better than most paid survey sites, which often won’t inform you until you have responded to all questions. And if you don’t match their criteria and are not eligible to finish the survey, you will be disqualified without earning any points. That will not happen with MyPoints.
Even if you did not qualify for the survey, you still get 1 point. You can receive up to 5 points per day even if you do not qualify for a survey. Don’t worry about wasting time in this process. Within a second or two of the survey, you will know whether you are eligible for that survey or not.
How Do Earning Points Work With MyPoints?
One of the advantages of using MyPoints is their earning points systems. It’s more than just an online survey network, and it’s about the various ways for you to generate reward points.
Here are several ways to earn money with MyPoints:
- Watching online videos
- Playing video games
- Taking online surveys
- Shopping through the participating retailers
- Reading promotional emails
- Referring to a friend program
- Using the MyPoints Yahoo! Search engine
- Participating in local deals and coupon offers
There are several features that you get to enjoy while using MyPoints, and here are some of them and how they work.
There is a built-in browser bar in MyPoints to check the score. Usually, you will use this when shopping online. While you are busy checking out items, your MyPoints account will automatically be credited with points depending on your purchases.
The score is an excellent feature because most of us don’t remember to use the MyPoints account when shopping. Missing out on this MyPoint feature will make you regret it later on when you view your points.
The score will also offer you coupons, vouchers, deals, and the latest promos, making it easier and faster to accumulate reward points.
Daily deals are the most loved feature in My Points. It highlights the biggest promotions you can get using MyPoints daily. Although, this feature does not have a pop-up notification or whistles, unlike the other websites that provide information for ongoing or future deals. However, it does offer its members the easiest way possible to gather points. I think that counts as a pro, right?
The shop in-store option is not that common on other platforms, and using it with MyPoints makes it more convenient. This is the simplest way for you to redeem your MyPoints rewards.
Whenever you are shopping in those participating stores, all you have to do is scan the receipt using your smartphone, and voila! You just paid your purchases using the MyPoints reward points.
If you don’t want to shop at the store, you can go and do it online. Look around the list of retailers, click on the one you want to shop at, and get redirected to their website.
Shopping online will make you earn a specific number of points per dollar you buy, and MyPoints will automatically credit it to your account without any hassle.
Having over 1,900 partner retailers, you won’t get bored when you shop and make extra money. Here are some of their participating retailers:
- Home Depot
Each store has a different rewards rate. Usually, the MyPoints rewards range from 1 to 40 points per dollar.
How To Redeem Points In MyPoints?
We’ve been sharing with you how MyPoints is a great site or app, but we haven’t really discussed how to redeem points. You’ll be surprised by how flexible their redemption system is.
You can redeem points to gift cards after accumulating 700 points, which is usually equal to a $5 gift card. That’s actually a pretty low payout threshold considering the competition.
There are many redemption options you can choose from, and here are some of them:
- Shop at the participating stores, including major brands like Kohl’s, Old Navy, Target, Walmart, and more.
- Convert points to airline miles with United MileagePlus accounts.
- Redeem points for real money by transferring them to your PayPal or Visa prepaid account and then to your bank account.
Pros And Cons Of Using MyPoints
When doing a review, it is hard not to point out the pros and cons of that service. Let’s talk through the strengths and weaknesses that could help you distinguish whether MyPoints is helpful to you or not.
Pros Of MyPoints
- MyPoints has a convenient app that you can download and install, available for both iOS and Android. After you have installed the application, you will immediately receive 100 bonus points added to your balance.
- MyPoints has an internet browser bar feature called Score, and it is very useful whenever you are shopping online. It prevents you from forgetting earning points while purchasing from their participating websites.
- Using MyPoints, you have multiple ways to add up points and convert them for real cash. It’s not only limited to purchasing online but also to watching video playlists, answering surveys, and playing video games.
- Points earned from surveys with MyPoints will immediately be credited to your account.
- After you redeem your points to your PayPal account, you can view them in a matter of minutes.
Cons Of MyPoints
- MyPoints only works for those living in the United States or Canada. So, if you are living outside the United States or Canada, then it’s better to check out other platforms like InboxDollars or Swagbucks.
- When you want to transfer money to your PayPal account, you have to have at least $25 worth of points.
- The trade-off is not consistent and is influenced by what rewards you are choosing. Even for a $25 AMC gift card, you will need to have 3,520 points, and for an Amazon gift card, you will have to garner 3,950 points.
Who Can Use MyPoints?
Is MyPoints for everyone? Let’s see if the following fits your bill:
- People who spend more than 3 to 6 hours online – If hanging out online is one of your regimes, then MyPoints is definitely for you!
- People who love giving feedback – since MyPoints is a survey site, your opinion is valued and appreciated with points in return.
- Online shoppers – where are my fellow online shoppers? Using MyPoints while purchasing online will benefit us and let us earn money.
- People who are looking for extra income – with the help of MyPoints, you can earn points in exchange for cash, gift cards, coupons, and other rewards. It may not be much from what you have set your sight to, but it helps.
- Coupon enthusiasts – MyPoints is very enticing to people who love collecting coupons to save money. Using MyPoints and signing up can help you earn big-time points in which you can exchange for coupons and use them to shop at the participating stores.
Sites Like MyPoints
Since MyPoints is restricted to people who reside only in the United States and Canada, here are some alternative sites that are definitely a must-see platform that has the same functions as My Points.
InboxDollars is one of the popular sites that has the best survey platform this year. Similar to MyPoints, InboxDollars provides many ways to earn money. If filling out surveys is not your forte, then you can try playing games, shopping online, and watching videos in exchange for points. Even reading emails can make you earn points.
With InboxDollars, doing a survey for 25 minutes can accumulate between 50 cents and $5.
Check out our full InboxDollars review and start earning with this platform.
Swagbucks is another site that you can check out. They also provide a wide range of methods to make money. The truth is, members have already earned more than $470 million in rewards.
You can start taking surveys, to begin with, Swagbucks. After that, you can surf the web, watch videos, play games, and shop online for more rewards. These options are available and free to access in the mobile app too.
To redeem points, you have a lot of options. Starting at cashing it out using PayPal, or if you prefer gift cards, they have that too. Plus, you can redeem points for credit at retailers such as Walmart, Amazon, and more.
Swagbucks also has a free membership and gives out almost 7,000 gift cards daily. Get to know more in our Swagbucks review here.
Dosh has an interesting way of making extra cash, allowing their customers to accumulate cashback on shopping, travel, and dining purchases. Also, you don’t have to keep track of your spending to earn points.
Dosh has a partner of over 15,000 retailers and restaurants, meaning you have many chances of earning. You can even earn up to 10% cashback at their partnered restaurant, and 40% cashback on hotel stays.
Customers can use Shopkick to get rewards and can redeem the same way as MyPoints. Instead of taking surveys, Shopkick allows you to earn rewards called “kicks,” which would be through shopping online and in-stores.
You may also accumulate kicks for free when you complete certain activities such as scanning items and visiting brick and mortar stores. Kicks can also be redeemed in gift cards from top retailers like Apple and BestBuy.
Conclusion – MyPoints Review
Looking for other ways to earn extra income may be complicated, but it is not that difficult. The MyPoints platform may seem like another survey site, yet it provides more than expected. It can give you that much-needed boost for your bank account if its services are aligned with your expectations and needs.
MyPoints is more than surveys. It’s like an all-inclusive platform where you can watch different videos, play as many games as you like, read promotional emails, and shop online. In return, you get to earn points, which can be traded in for cash or free gift cards. Seems reasonable enough as you will get paid in the end, right?
The benefit of this is that you are getting back some of what you spent. This is a huge help for those looking for ways to make more money other than their day jobs.
Sign-up with MyPoints today and start earning now!
Founder of Spark Nomad, Radical FIRE, Journalist
- Expertise: Personal finance and travel content
- Education: Bachelor of Economics at Radboud University, Master in Finance at Radboud University, Minor in Economics at Chapman University.
- Over 200 articles, essays, and short stories published across the web.
Experience: Marjolein Dilven is a journalist and founder of Spark Nomad, a travel platform, and Radical FIRE, a personal finance platform. Marjolein has a finance and economics background with a master’s in Finance. She has quit her job to travel the world, documenting her travels on Spark Nomad to help people plan their travels. Marjolein Dilven has written for publications like MSN, Associated Press, CNBC, Town News syndicate, and more.