Do you want to make some extra money right now? Flipping is the solution you need. Here’s a list of things you can buy and sell to make a profit.
Flipping for cash is one of the easiest-to-start side hustles. Anyone can do it, and you can literally start right now. Perhaps you have some things to sell that are lying around your house, or you can go around your area and check for items you can buy and flip for extra cash.
What Are The Best Items To Flip For Cash?
When looking at the best items to flip for profit, a couple of categories make you the big bucks. Here are they:
- Rare items – items that are in a niche market make a great flip! The smaller the market, the fewer people know what things are worth. People looking for a specific item know what it’s worth and are willing to pay for it.
- Items taking up lots of space – the bigger the item, the fewer people want to flip it. They don’t want to deal with the logistics. That makes people often want to get rid of large items at low prices. Big items aren’t the easiest to flip for profit, but people will pay for them once you have them.
- Items that need repair – little people are handy nowadays. They rather throw or give away something than repair it. If you’re a little handy and can do minor appliance repairs, you can flip those items for a profit later.
Best Items To Flip For Profit
If you want to start a business with little or no money, this is where you must go.
Here are the best 30 products to sell, recommended to you by many top flippers.
1. Baseball Cards
One of the best things to buy and sell is baseball cards. If you follow Gary Vee, the guy from the video I showed you earlier, he is BIG on baseball cards. He started his business by buying and selling baseball cards.
If you know what the cards are worth, you can make a huge profit.
Books are an easy way to start selling. It is a very low barrier, and little knowledge is required. You can go to yard sales, thrift stores, and library sales to find books to resell.
If you find the first editions of books or you put together book sets, you can make a bigger profit. It’s not a requirement, simply a recommendation. For example, the Harry Potter series is an evergreen series that will always stay popular.
Furniture is one of the best items to resell for profit. I have a friend who makes thousands and thousands of dollars reselling furniture as a great side hustle.
Many people want to get rid of their furniture as it takes up a lot of space, meaning you can pick up many items for free. That means there is a great way to make a decent profit from the start.
Perhaps I’m biased because I live in a country where the average person has more than one bike standing in their garage. I have owned half a dozen bikes in my life. It’s very easy to sell a bike. Plus, I never sold my bikes at a loss.
Bikes can be great for buying and reselling. There are always a lot of people searching for a decent bike, so if you find one, you can be sure to sell it for a good price.
Sometimes you need to do a little bit of cleaning or minor repairs to make sure you sell it for the maximum price.
5. Video Games & Consoles
Old video games and consoles are a booming market. People want to keep playing the games they played in their childhood – it brings back good childhood memories. Games like Rollercoaster Tycoon, for example.
Video games aren’t just for kids. Many adults will spend their time playing video games, and they would LOVE to play video games from their childhood. That means video games are always in high demand!
Video games and video game consoles are easy finds. On yard sales or thrift stores. Flip them and sell them for a much higher price to make a nice profit.
Watches are a whole different game. There are many collectors out there who collect mechanical watches or vintage watches. The older the better, if they work of course.
If you know a little about watches, this is a great way to make some money on the side. If you know how to do minor repairs, you’re golden.
Most of the time, all the watches need is a little polishing and perhaps a new battery. As with many flipping items, make sure they work before you buy (or sell) anything.
Lego is a great item to flip for profit. There are many people who are looking for old lego sets in good condition. Plus, many people get rid of their legos when their kids grow up.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to match the buyers and sellers!
When you run into them, check if they are in good condition and the selling price is decent – go for it!
People who are collecting something are often crazy about something and don’t mind paying a price for that. If you have something with a very good fanbase or people who are very passionate about collecting the item, you can easily sell them for a profit.
This includes antiques, post stamps, coins, you name it.
9. Photograph Gear
When you have an eye for good lenses and cameras, this may be the thing to resell for you. Lenses can be used for many years if they are of high quality. Plus, some people actually like the old school cameras where you need to put in a film roll.
People with photography as a hobby are willing to spend money on it, so use it to your advantage and start reselling!
10. Strollers & Baby Items
Strollers and baby items, in general, are great to resell. There are always people who want to sell baby gear they don’t need anymore, and there are always people looking for baby gear.
Specifically, strollers are one of the best things to flip for profit. They often have a high upfront cost and are mostly in good condition.
11. Vintage Swimwear
Vintage swimwear is HOT right now. Look for bathing suits, skirted suits, swim caps, and men’s trunks.
Before you buy them, check them and make sure that the seams aren’t sagging or the item is stained.
12. Clothes & Shoes
Clothes and shoes are easy to flip for profit. HOWEVER, it really depends on the cloth brand and the condition.
You may be surprised how many clothes and shoes from expensive brands you can find at a yard sale. You probably have to dig through a lot of stuff that’s worth nothing, but if you keep looking you will find what you’re looking for!
13. (Sports) Hats
Hats are items that are often found at garage sales or thrift stores. If they are profitable highly depends on the ones you find.
Be on the lookout for popular band hats, sports team hats, wool hats, or trapper hats.
Website flipping is a huge opportunity to make money online – who knew filliping websites would be one of the best items to flip for profit?
You can easily buy websites from Flippa and resell them again. While it is a huge opportunity, I wouldn’t say it’s easy. Website flipping is most suitable for people with experience with websites or are in the website flipping business.
You could also decide to get some experience first by starting a blog.
The ultimate hack is flipping services – this is something amazing. You get a project from a client, you hire a freelancer from Upwork or Fiverr, and they do the work for you.
The thing is that your rate is higher than the person who does the job for you, giving you a margin on that. Do this only when you know what you’re doing in terms of the service you’re flipping.
Where To Find Things To Flip For Profit
There are a couple of great places where you can find the best items to flip for profit. Here is a shortlist:
- Thrift stores – thrift stores can be a great place to check. There may be some things for sale that are very much below market price and you could flip for profit.
- Yard sales – when people host yard sales, they simply want to get rid of their stuff. Use this to an advantage and negotiate the price down for anything that is interesting for you.
- Flea markets – flea markets are a place to buy things cheaper than cheap. Just check the conditions of the things you’re buying!
- eBay – on eBay you can find great things for sale, you may have to look a little closer but you can find them!
- Facebook Marketplace – a huge online marketplace where you can find the things you’re looking for. It is a great platform if you are looking to sell items locally. Create a detailed listing for items that you want to sell quickly.
Where To Resell Things To Flip For Profit
If you want to flip things for profit, there are a dozen of platforms out there. Here are the best ways to flip a product for profit:
- eBay – eBay is a very good place to start. There is free traffic, great prices, and it is a reliable platform. They do charge a fee, depending on what kind of product it is.
- Facebook Marketplace – the Facebook Marketplace is an easy way to check out listings in your area or list your items. Millions of people are using the platform and it’s very convenient.
- Facebook Groups – besides Facebook Marketplace, local Facebook Groups can be a great place to list your items as well. You can sell your product to the locals, don’t need to deal with shipping, and communication is easy.
- Etsy – with Etsy you can list your vintage products. They charge $0.15 per listing and they have millions of clients from all around the world, so no need to market your product.
- Amazon – Amazon is the place to go if you want to sell, especially books. They drive some great traffic to your product, that will make it sell quickly.
- Any local website – there are many local selling websites all around the world. In the Netherlands, we have Marktplaats, which means market place. Many people buy & sell their products there.
Choose any platform you like to flip items online!
All In All – Best Items To Flip For Profit
Flipping things for profit is a great way to earn some extra income. It’s easy, anyone can do it, doesn’t require much upfront investment, and your income potential is high.
It doesn’t mean you don’t need to put in the work or this is a get-rich-quick scheme. Knowledge and passion about your product can go a long way.
How To Make 500k a Year – 15 Best Jobs To Pursue & Make Good Money
Who doesn’t want a high-paying job? Your finance will surely be secure if you get a 6-figure job. But what work do you need to get paid that much money? There are many ways to land such a job of your dreams. Learn how to make 500k a year.
Don’t Miss Out on These 13 Frugal Living Tips to Save Money and Live Well
Do you want to learn how to be frugal? Here are essential frugal living tips that will leave you saving money & feeling more fulfilled!
Get Rich Quick? Not Exactly. But These 12 Trusted Ways To Build Wealth With a Normal Job
This post says that you can build wealth with a normal job. Working towards becoming wealthy, following viable financial plans, managing your finances smartly, and having a disciplined attitude toward money will help you achieve financial independence.
These Older Cars Will Save You Money And Never Leave You Stranded
Choosing a secondhand car is more critical than ever. Reliability is key in keeping expenses and maintenance down, especially if you’re purchasing an older model that is no longer covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
To help you choose the best older cars, we listed the top 10 most reliable car models that will never leave you stranded anywhere.
Founder of Spark Nomad, Radical FIRE, Journalist
Expertise: Personal finance and travel content
Education: Bachelor of Economics at Radboud University, Master in Finance at Radboud University, Minor in Economics at Chapman University.
Over 200 articles, essays, and short stories published across the web.
Experience: Marjolein Dilven is a journalist and founder of Spark Nomad, a travel platform, and Radical FIRE, a personal finance platform. Marjolein has a finance and economics background with a master’s in Finance. She has quit her job to travel the world, documenting her travels on Spark Nomad to help people plan their travels. Marjolein Dilven has written for publications like MSN, Associated Press, CNBC, Town News syndicate, and more.