Do you want to get paid to walk this year? In this Sweatcoin review, we go into how you can use the Sweatcoin app to earn rewards and cash when you walk.
The first time I heard about getting paid to walk, I was intrigued. I run and walk daily, so I was excited to learn that you could get some extra cash by walking outside. It is the perfect way to get some extra money under the table over time.
However, it sounded a little too good to be true. Getting paid to walk, something that you do every single day? That’s why I wanted to try it out for myself. Fast forward, I’m using the Sweatcoin app for a couple of months now.
If you are wondering how you can make money with Sweatcoin and how the Sweatcoin apps works, I will give you all the ins and outs in this review.
Sweatcoin Review – Summary
Sweatcoin is not a scam. You earn Sweatcoins when walking and can buy rewards with that. It’s a legit app that can earn you a couple of extra bucks if you’re active. It won’t make you hundreds a month, but it will make you enough to have some fun with it and earn some cash on the side. The app runs in the background, taking no extra effort on your part.
What Is Sweatcoin?
Sweatcoin is a free app that gives you rewards and pays you to walk. When you walk, you earn Sweatcoins, which you can use for products, rewards, cash, or charity donations.
Sweatcoin was founded in 2016 in the UK to motivate people to become and stay active. It is the number one health and fitness app in the UK and the US at the moment.
The mission of Sweatcoin is to offer incentives to get people moving. In numbers, they get an average of 20% activity increase in users when they download the app.
Many have asked whether Sweatcoin is a cryptocurrency. No, Sweatcoin is not a cryptocurrency. They are not on a blockchain at the moment. The founders of Sweatcoin want to make Sweatcoins tradable in the future, so never say never.
If that were to happen, you could trade your Sweatcoins for other cryptocurrencies or cash, making it more liquid and increasing the platform’s value.
Where Is Sweatcoin Available?
Sweatcoin was first released in the US but is continually expanding. At the moment, they are available in many countries, including:
- The Netherlands
- Czech Republic
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
They are continually expanding in new countries. You can sign up for their platform and get a notification when they launch in your country.
Is Sweatcoin Legit?
Let me tell you that Sweatcoin is entirely legit. You get paid to walk and make some extra money on the side. However, you won’t be making hundreds of dollars per month with this app.
Sweatcoin is not a scam. Depending on how much you walk outside and your subscription, you can earn between 150 and 600 Sweatcoins per month.
How Does Sweatcoin Work?
When you want to use Sweatcoin to make some extra money, you should:
- Download the Sweatcoin app on your phone and create an account.
- Start walking and let the app run in the background. They have recently updated the app, so they are not tracking your GPS anymore, and your inside steps count as well. For every 1,000 steps, you get 0.95 Sweatcoin.
- You don’t have to worry about data usage. The app tracks your steps while you’re offline and converts them to Sweatcoins as soon as you reconnect with wifi or your mobile network. It doesn’t use much data.
- Exchange Sweatcoins for rewards. You can also transfer them to friends or family.
Is Sweatcoin Safe?
You want to know if Sweatcoin is legit. Besides that, you probably also want to know if Sweatcoin is safe.
Sweatcoin is incredibly safe to use. They don’t use GPS anymore to track steps. It means that they count steps indoors and that the battery usage decreased massively.
Does Sweatcoin Sell Your Data?
Sweatcoin doesn’t sell your data to third parties, they just use the data to track your steps. Besides, no personal information is required when you sign up with Sweatcoin.
How Does Sweatcoin Make Money?
Now that we know how Sweatcoin works and that Sweatcoin is safe, we want to know how they make money. They are paying out rewards to users who’ve installed the app and are earning Sweatcoins by walking around. How is that possible? How can they sustain that over a more extended period?
Here is how Sweatcoin makes money:
- Ads – just like many other platforms, Sweatcoin makes money with ads. When you go to the daily bonus section of the platform, you can watch ads for rewards. Every time you watch ads, Sweatcoin makes a small percentage on that ad. Imagine millions of people watching ads and getting a small percentage of that, that’s still quite a lot of money.
- Partnerships – some brands pay to be featured on Sweatcoin. Sweatcoin has a significant user base, and brands want to be part of that. It is a platform with a very niche audience, perfect for health and fitness brands.
- Investors – Sweatcoin relies heavily on investors that provide money to support the growth of the platform. They are essentially shareholders that buy a part of the company, depending on their cash increasing in the long run.
How Can You Earn Sweatcoins?
There are three different ways to earn Sweatcoins:
- Make money when you walk – walking or running will earn you the most rewards. Cycling will also work, but you will earn less relatively.
- Earn additional rewards daily – you can earn a daily bonus when you watch ads. You can earn between 0.5 SWC and 1000 SWC for each ad you watch. You can watch up to three ads per day.
- Invite friends – inviting friends is a great way to earn extra Sweatcoins. You can make 5 SWC for every friend you refer. When you invite 30 friends, you can join the Sweatcoin influencer club for more rewards.
How Much Is One Sweatcoin?
Sweatcoin pays 0.95 SWC per 1,000 approved steps. That means that 1,053 steps earn you one Sweatcoin. It will take you a little over 10 minutes to make 1 Sweatcoin.
What About The Sweatcoin Levels?
Sweatcoin has different membership levels. None of these require you to deposit money into your Sweatcoin account. You pay for these membership levels with Sweatcoins. Except for the Trouble Maker, where you will pay $1.49 per month.
You can upgrade your account and earn more Sweatcoins per day. You have several levels on the Sweatcoin app:
- Mover (free) – which is the default level. Earn up to 5 Sweatcoin per day, or 150 Sweatcoin per month.
- Shaker (4.75 SWC per month) – earn up to 10 Sweatcoin per day or 300 Sweatcoin per month.
- Quaker (20 SWC per month) – earn up to 15 Sweatcoin per day or 450 Sweatcoin per month.
- Breaker (30 SWC per month) – earn up to 20 Sweatcoin per day or 600 Sweatcoin per month.
- Trouble Maker ($1.49 per month) – earn up to 50 Sweatcoin per day or 1500 Sweatcoin per month. You will make Sweatcoins twice as fast with the Trouble Maker upgrade.
If you meet your daily step limit consistently, it makes sense to upgrade to a higher level by paying with Sweatcoins. Whether you should upgrade to the Trouble Maker level is entirely up to you.
How To Earn Maximum Sweatcoins?
If you want to maximize your Sweatcoins, there are a couple of ways to do this:
- Create good habits and make sure you move every single day. Moving will earn you Sweatcoins and maximize your earnings.
- Take your phone when you go walking; otherwise, your steps will not count toward your daily goals.
- Upgrade your account when you meet the step standard for the day consistently. If you upgrade, you will be able to earn more Sweatcoin in the long term.
- Open the app daily for the bonuses. Watch the ads, and you will be able to earn between 0 and 1000 SWC per ad you watch.
- Refer your friends and family to earn 5 SWC for every friend you refer.
How To Spend Your Sweatcoins?
You can spend your Sweatcoins through different offers on the app:
- Pay with Sweatcoins
- Digital offers
- Physical products
- Marathon offers
- Sweatcoin for good
- Bucket list
1. Pay With Sweatcoins
Pay with Sweatcoins are products that you can buy using your Sweatcoins. Since I started using Sweatcoin at the beginning of the year, there are offers every single day that you can buy.
Sweatcoin has a multitude of choices for you. You can choose from a wide range of products or services.
2. Digital Offers
Digital offers are often relatively low-priced offers where you can try apps or other digital products.
3. Physical Products
Physical products are offers where you can get a discount or a free physical product delivered to your front door.
4. Sweatcoin For Good
With Sweatcoin for good, you can use your Sweatcoins to perform acts of kindness and donate them to charity. I’ve used this multiple times myself. It just feels so good to contribute your money to these causes.
If you’re interested in reading more about the success stories, you can read them here.
Actions are the part of Sweatcoin where the real fun is. These are big prizes that you can bid on using your Sweatcoins. Prizes for the auctions include:
- $1000 Amazon gift card
- Peloton Bike
- $1000 H&M gift card
- Playstation 5
- And much more.
As with any auction, you have a timer that runs out. When it does, the person with the highest bid gets the item.
These are big prizes, which means that you have to save for them for a while. When you’ve earned enough Sweatcoins, it would be amazing to cash in a prize like this!
6. Bucket List
On the bucket list, you have once in a lifetime experiences like visiting the Eiffel Tower. Since the pandemic started, these opportunities are not regularly on the platform anymore. We will have to wait and see if they come back when traveling is allowed or encouraged again.
Is Sweatcoin A Scam?
Many people have asked me if Sweatcoin is a scam. I can tell you, after several months of using the app, Sweatcoin is not a scam. You can earn rewards with the Sweatcoin app, and you can exchange these for real vouchers or products.
- When you track your steps and your activity, you move more. It may sound simple, but even research found this to be true. When you monitor your activity levels and get rewarded for it, it helps you to stay active. If you have trouble getting motivated, this could be a great way to do it.
- Sweatcoin runs in the background without you having to do something for that.
- The Sweatcoin app is free, and you can use Sweatcoins to pay for their different membership levels.
- When you use the app together with friends and family, you can save for the rewards quickly and effectively.
- The Sweatcoins that you earn through the app don’t expire. Ever.
- You can track your steps inside and outside. They don’t track your GPS anymore.
- Sweatcoin needs to be running in the background. Some phones automatically disable this function, so check if it is working on your phone. While it is running in the background, it doesn’t take up significant battery life.
- It can take a while before customer support replies.
- While Sweatcoin is entirely passive, it is not like you’re going to get rich using the app.
Is Sweatcoin Worth It?
The question of all questions: is Sweatcoin worth it? In this Sweatcoin review, we’ve covered all the aspects of the Sweatcoin app.
I have to say that I LOVE the Sweatcoin app. While I am not getting rich using the app, I do tend to go outside more. Plus, it is free money that you get for something that you are already doing. It’s not an extra effort that you have to do.