Mila Kunis net worth – listed at $11M by Forbes in 2013. Aside from That ‘70s Show, she was also cast for other iconic roles. How much is she worth this year?
Within a few years of her family moving to the US, Mila got her career-breaking role and secured her family’s future in America. She has great success as an actress and has become more known year after year.
In 2013, Mila Kunis net worth was estimated at $11M by Forbes. She was included in the top 100 list of celebrity earnings that year, with her name at #89. Mila Kunis’ net worth appearing on one of their notable lists immediately marked her as one of the highest-paid actresses in Hollywood.
Today her net worth is estimated between $75-$80 million. Let’s go into who Mila Kunis is, how she makes money, her net worth this year, and all the fun facts you want to know.
Who Is Mila Kunis?
Mila Kunis comes from a talented, well-educated Jewish family from Ukraine. She was born August 14, 1983, to Mark and Elvira Kunis and named her Milena Markovna. From Chernivtsi in Western Ukraine, they moved to the United States to start a new life in California when Mila was seven years old.
Mila enrolled in acting classes in Beverly Hills Studios, where she met her future manager. As a young girl, she did a commercial for a famous toy company and Lisa Frank. Not long after, she made her first television appearances in popular shows like Baywatch, Days Of Our Lives, and 7th Heaven.
By 1998 at age fourteen, Mila Kunis already played supporting roles in two different comedy films and was cast for an HBO-produced television film entitled Gia. In just seven years, she transformed from a little girl arriving in the United States who didn’t know how to speak a word of English to a young actress with a promising career.
How Does Mila Kunis Make Money?
Mila Kunis net worth was a product of her steadily rising success as an A-list actress. She was signed by big names like Christian Dior and Gemfields for product endorsements and modeling for high-end magazines like Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, and many more.
Her breakthrough role in That ‘70s Show, she got when she was only 14. The producers still believed that Mila Kunis was the perfect actress for the role of Jackie Burkhart, despite being four years too young. The sitcom was first aired in September of 1998 and lasted for eight seasons until 2006. Mila earned $100,000 per episode.
Aside from the parts she got as a child, Mila was featured in music videos, advertisements and signed up to promote different brands over the years. One of her projects was with the famous rock band Aerosmith for the Jaded music video. In 2021, Mila with Ashton Kutcher and the Jamaican-American reggae singer Shaggy was featured in a Super Bowl ad for Cheetos.
Perhaps the most extended role she has ever played was Meg Griffin’s voice from the American animated sitcom Family Guy. However, she was not the original choice for the series; Mila became the new voice of Meg in the same year when the show was first aired in 1999. By 2014, The show was already in its 14th season, and it was revealed that the four main casts, including Kunis, will be paid $175,000 to $220,000 per episode for at least the next two seasons. Family Guy is currently running its 19th season.
Kunis starred in numerous films and confidently portrayed every role regardless of the genre. At least three of the highest-grossing movies she was part of reached from $100M to over $230M. Other movies like Date Night and The Book of Eli, both premiered in 2010, were a shy away from reaching a hundred million but already grossed at an impressive $94M and $98M.
Here are the highest-grossing films she was a part of:
- Oz The Great And Powerful in 2013 – $234,911,825
- Ted in 2012 – $218,815,478
- Bad Moms in 2016 – $113,257,197
- Black Swan in 2010 – $106,954,678
In 2014, Mila Kunis launched Orchard Street Production, achieving another of her life goals in becoming a producer. She got a deal with ABC Studios to produce cable tv projects for broadcast. She was behind the production of the Angriest Man In Brooklyn, where one of the greatest comedy legends in Hollywood, Robin Williams, played the lead role.
Mila Kunis Net Worth
According to Forbes, Mila Kunis made it to the top 5 highest-paying actresses of 2015. But the rankings didn’t matter much. Her name can move a few spots higher or lower; the fact is Mila Kunis net worth is always a few million above her previous year, showing the consistency in her success.
- Debuts on Forbes in 2013 at $11M
- 2020 Net Worth $66M
- 2021 Net Worth $75M
Mila Kunis Career Highlights
She was a young, versatile actress who was willing to take on different projects, regardless of genre. Mila has done thriller and psychological movies, but also comedies and romance. She enjoys her voice acting career and still has Family Guy as her regular gig. She is well known for many roles, but there are a few notable ones she was highly recognized for:
- Mila won the Best Young Actress Award for two consecutive years for playing her breakthrough role as Jackie Burkhart in That ‘70s Show.
- Mila received multiple nominations for Best Supporting Actress for the movie Black Swan including a Golden Globe, red-carpet event, and sharing an MTV Movie Award with co-star Natalie Portman for the same film.
- Along with Bad Moms co-stars Jada Pinkett Smith, Kristen Bell, Christina Applegate, Kathryn Hahn, and Annie Mumolo, Mila Kunis was awarded Female Stars of the Year at CinemaCon, USA.
- 2014 winner of MTV Movie Award for the movie Oz the Great and Powerful for her role as Theodora, the Wicked Witch of the West.
Mila Kunis Favorite Quotes
- “I grew up incredibly poor and went to school and had a very average upbringing.”
- “I think the second you think that you’re funny is when you stop being funny.”
- “There are two people out there, Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans… I’m a Star Trek fan. I respect Star Wars. I’m a bit of a Sci-Fi nerd but, geared towards one or the other, I’d choose Star Trek.”
- “I think there will always be a double standard between males and females, so I think that an actress is more likely to protect her public persona, so to speak, than an actor would be.”
- “Always have a backup plan.”
Mila Kunis Fun Facts
- Return To Oz was the very first book that she could read in English.
- Mila Kunis was only 14 when she got the part of Jackie Burkhart in That ‘70s Show. Fox had an age requirement of 18. Kunis told them she would be turning 18 but never specified a date.
- She kept a separate job at Rite Aid right after filming for That ‘70s Show episodes.
- She has a condition called Heterochromia. Mila has two different colored eyes, one is brown, and the other is green.
- Her marriage to Ashton Kutcher brings them to a combined net worth of $275M. Their union puts the pair as one of the wealthiest celebrity couples in the industry.
Conclusion – Mila Kunis Net Worth
Mila Kunis and her family moving to the United States was the start of something much bigger than they could have imagined.
Throughout her career, Mila Kunis net worth steadily rose as she took on one project after another; she was true to her words about having a backup plan when there are times she had more than one gig going. Her current wealth is estimated at $75M to $80M by this year, putting her on the list as one of the wealthiest and highest-paid actresses around.
At the moment, Kunis has no plans to continue her career as an actress. Instead, she wishes to work behind the scenes as a producer so she can spend more time with her young kids and her life can be as normal as possible.
Want to read more? Check out:
- Ludacris Net Worth
- Demolition Ranch Net Worth
- Bobby Lee Net Worth
- Grant Cardone Net Worth
- Future Net Worth
Founder of Spark Nomad, Radical FIRE, Journalist
- Expertise: Personal finance and travel content
- Education: Bachelor of Economics at Radboud University, Master in Finance at Radboud University, Minor in Economics at Chapman University.
- Over 200 articles, essays, and short stories published across the web.
Experience: Marjolein Dilven is a journalist and founder of Spark Nomad, a travel platform, and Radical FIRE, a personal finance platform. Marjolein has a finance and economics background with a master’s in Finance. She has quit her job to travel the world, documenting her travels on Spark Nomad to help people plan their travels. Marjolein Dilven has written for publications like MSN, Associated Press, CNBC, Town News syndicate, and more.