Christopher Brian Bridges, a.k.a Ludacris, is one of the most influential names in the music industry. His steady remix of hip-hop songs has made him one of the wealthiest Americans, but by how much? Let’s have a grasp of Ludacris net worth!
Ludacris popularity has made him one of the most well-known recording artists globally, and with it, has made him a tycoon in the industry. His fame and music have translated well into his finances as it has opened multiple opportunities for him. Opportunities which he grabbed and made him the millionaire that he is today.
His rhyme and verse in his songs have made him one of the most notorious rappers in the rap game. His use of words echoed among his peers, followers and fans. Old and young alike, he has made a mark on everyone through his music.
Let’s take a look at Ludacris’ career, personal life, favorite quotes and fun facts.
[Related Reads: Best Rapper Quotes About Money]
Ludacris Net Worth in 2021
The estimated net worth of Ludacris is $28 million, and he earned that much because he kept developing throughout his career. From having his own label, he also ventured into several businesses that expanded his network. Eventually, he entered the movie scene that added more to his earnings.
By working in Fast and Furious every couple of years, he was able to afford a $4.8 million Hollywood home. He is best known for his role as Tej Parker in the film series. This made him more popular and visible in the industry.
Also, he has a good collection of cars, including Ferraris and Bentleys. In total, he owns around ten cars. His business ventures keep him busy between the movies, and hopefully, we haven’t heard the last of his musical career.
As a rapper, he is always busy in his business and is ranked in the list of the world’s millionaires. He’s in that list of millionaires with among others Grant Cardone, Eddie Hall, and Demolition Ranch.
Further, he is a great businessman. Ludacris is a co-owner of Conjure Cognac.
His hard work and love for rap make him earn a good amount of money. Moreover, since 2003, Ludacris has been doing movies too and has proved his acting skills. So, all in all, he has an excellent net worth and growing wealth that he had earned from his music and acting career.
Ludacris Early Life
The original name of Ludacris is Christopher Brian Bridges, and he is from an African American family. He was born on September 11, 1977, in Champaign, Illinois. The only child of Roberta Shields and Wayne Brian Bridges.
From childhood, Bridges was passionate about rapping and wrote his first rap at the age of nine. He joined an amateur rap group after three years when he moved to Atlanta. Before that, he attended Emerson Middle School and Oak Park and River Forest High School for a year in Chicago.
He graduated in 1995 from Banneker High School in Atlanta, Georgia. After completing his graduation, he selected music management as a new study at Georgia State University. In his career, Ludacris followed his passion for rapping, and that’s going very well for him.
Ludacris Career Highlights
Ludacris is a famous American rapper, actor and owns his own record label. He is the founder of “Disturbing Tha Peace”, a subsidiary of Def Jam Recordings. These are one of the more popular recording studios in the US.
Over the course of his career, he has won many awards, including three Grammy Awards. His rap songs has captured the hearts and souls of American time and time again. This proves that he really is one of the better artists of his generation.
Let’s take a look at the career achievements of Ludacris!
- Starting of music career: Ludacris started his music career as a DJ in 1999 in Atlanta for Hot 97.5 (now 107.9). His DJ name was Chris Lova Lova before collaborating with Timbaland on the song “Phat Rabbit.” In the same year, he started his own record label, “Disturbing Tha Peace”, and debuted the first album “Incognegro” under the label. Although his debut album did not do well in sales, it got the attention of Def Jam Recordings. And, this record company offered him a record deal after his first album.
- Second and third album: In 2000, Ludacris recorded his second album, “Back for the First Time”, which reached number 4 on the US Billboard 200. And, his third album was released in 2001. The name of the third album is “Word of Mouf”. The song “Roll Out” from this album was also nominated for the Grammy awards in 2002.
- Singletrack: In 2003, Ludacris released his single track named “Act Like a Fool”. It was from the soundtrack of 2 Fast 2 Furious, in which he played a major role. In the same year, he released his fourth album, “Chicken-n- Beer”. From this album, the single track “Stand Up” became one of the mainstay hits of his career. Another single from that album is “Splash Waterfalls”.
- 2004 to 2015: In 2004, his fifth album, “Red Light District,” got released. Then in 2006, “Release Therapy” came on the market. In this album, he debuted the single “Money Maker ” with Pharell Williams, which became Ludacris’s second number 1 single track. The “Theater of the Mind” released in 2008 and 2010, “Battle of the Sexes” came into the market. This album debuted at no. 1 and is certified gold. After some gap, in 2015, his album “Ludaversal” debuted at number 3 on the Billboard 200.
Here are some of the best highlights from Ludacris’ rap, hip-hop, and acting career:
Ludacris is well known for his rap music and acting in Fast and Furious. His loud lyrics and Dirty South sound made him famous in the rap scene. And eventually recognized by the music industry.
In his excellent music career, he has won many music awards and has created many albums. Let’s take a look at his albums and movies released so far.
- 2000 – Back For the First Time
- 2001 – Word of Mouf
- 2003 – Chicken-n-Beer
- 2004 – The Red Light District
- 2005 – Disturbing Tha Peace
- 2006 – Release Therapy
- 2008 – Theatre of the Mind
- 2010 – Battle of the Sexes
- 2003 – 2 Fast 2 Furious
- 2005 – Hustle & Flow
- 2011 – Fast Five
- 2013 – Fast & Furious 6
- 2015 – Furious 7
- 2017 – The Fate of the Furious
- 2020 – John Henry
- 2021 – F9
Ludacris Аwаrdѕ & Асhіеvеmеntѕ
Ludасrіѕ, one of the best rappers, hаѕ rесеіvеd many nоmіnаtіоnѕ and аwаrdѕ in his career. The awards he won include 9 ВЕТ Awards, 1 МТV Vіdео Мuѕіс Award, 3 Grаmmу’s, аnd 1 Ѕсrееn Асtоrѕ Guіld Аwаrd. Іn аddіtіоn tо thеse 16 аwаrdѕ, hе hаd 41 nоmіnаtіоnѕ too.
He has won many music awards for rap music, mixtape, and popular albums. This is proof that his talent in the music business is the same, or some may argue, better than the other rappers of his time. He has consistently been given awards for his songs and collaborations with other musicians, too.
He got nominated for hip-hop music, raps, and acting as well. With his hard work and talent, he has not only won the awards but has also won the hearts of many people.
In addition to rap songs and acting, Ludacris invested some money in real estate too. In 2007 he paid around $1 million for a condo in Los Angeles and bought a second flat in the same building. But, he sold one of the units to make money.
In January 2014, he again paid around $4.8 million to buy a home in the Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles. He also owns an impressive estate in Fayetteville, Georgia. His real estate investment contributes a lot to his total net worth.
Ludacris Personal Life
Ludacris’s personal life is as beautiful as his career. He welcomed a baby girl named Karma Bridges in August 2001 from his relationship with аn аttоrnеу frоm Аtlаntа.
He welcomed his second daughter, Cai Bella Bridges, in December 2013 with ex-girlfriend Таmіkа Fullеr. Ludacris and Tamika had a custody battle over their daughter, Cai. In the end, Ludacris granted full custody of his daughter.
In 2014, he married his girlfriend model Eudoxie Mbouguiengue.
Ludacris has been married to Eudoxie for six years now. The couple was secretly married on December 26, 2014 and soon after, they had a child. They named her Cadence Gaelle. Her presence has brought joy to her family. Perfectly fitting as this is what her name means.
Just recently, the couple announced that they are happily expecting their second child.
Favorite Quotes from Ludacris
Ludacris believes in his thoughts, and there are many favorite quotes of him. Following are some interesting quotes from Ludacris. Take a look!
“Keep in mind, when you hit rock bottom, there ain’t nowhere to go but up, baby.” – Ludacris
“My work is like my vacation, so in a way, every day is like Saturday.” – Ludacris
“I made my first song when I was nine years old. Just beating on garbage cans, having people beatbox.” – Ludacris
Fun Facts about Ludacris
You may know a lot about the rap artist Ludacris, but still, you may not know some fun facts about him. Here is the list of popular fun facts about Ludacris:
- In January 2020, Ludacris got his Gabonese citizenship along with his mother and two daughters.
- Bridges is known as a cousin (a distant cousin) of the late comedian Richard Pryor.
- Ludacris released “The Preview” album during the 2008 presidential election. This album had a song named “Politics as Usual,” which criticized Jesse Jackson, John McCain, Hilary Clinton, and George W. Bush.
- He is nominated for almost 43 awards and won around 17.
- His first five albums achieved multi-platinum status, and two albums achieved gold status.
- Ludacris’ four albums peaked at number one on the Billboard 200.
Conclusion – Ludacris Net Worth
Ludacris net worth will make you realize that fame and success cannot be attained overnight. Over the years, he has worked passionately on what he really loves – music.
His passion for music has opened so many opportunities for him. His success was brought by hard work and his constant need to improve.
Ludacris, a self-made superstar. He is an actor, philanthropist, and businessman. Being able to do what he loves, has made him the celebrity that he is now. And that has been one of the factors to his success then and now.
All these doors opened for him through his passion for music. This hip-hop artist proved to everyone that it was more than verses and rhymes.
Want to read more? Check out: