What will you read in my February 2021 income report? We will go into February passive + side hustle income and March goals.
As every month, I’m publishing progress to financial independence here. It is a great way to keep me accountable to track my journey to financial freedom. Even though I love working on my finances, it is a great way to keep monitoring them. Do you want to read the reports of my past months? See my past monthly reports here.
February went by fast. Again. I’m over here working on the blog every waking minute and learning new things every day. Even though I started this blog almost 2.5 years ago, there are still many things to learn. I enjoy taking the time to dive into blogging a little bit more every single day.
As I’m currently mainly focused on increasing my income, I’ve made some adjustments to the monthly reports that I publish. I had the feeling that I was writing the same articles every month, so I’m changing things up a bit. If you have any suggestions, let me know below!
Highlights of my February month:
👉 70% savings rate
🌟 Extra income of $1,743
💰 28% to FIRE
Here is a breakdown of income per source:
|Source||Income||Annual Return (XIRR)|
Let’s get into my side hustle earnings, passive income, and my other income for the month.
February Side Hustle Income
Over the last couple of months, my income has gone up significantly. I’ve focused on the blog over the previous year, and I can see that effort pays off.
My expenses for the month (including business expenses) are $1,418, while my income outside my day job is $1,743. It means that I’d be able to cover my expenses with my extra income, which is a huge milestone.
If you’re thinking about starting a blog, I’d really recommend doing so. It’s not a way to get rich quickly, but it’s a great way to build up extra income over time.
One of the reasons I’ve been able to grow my blog income since the summer is the Insiders Program. It’s a group of highly motivated bloggers that want to grow their blogs. You learn all about SEO, growing your blog, and get coaching on topics you struggle with.
I genuinely love this program, and I believe it’s a big part of why I’ve been able to grow so quickly. They currently offer a 3-month FREE trial, where you can experience firsthand how much value it can bring to your platform.
In this three-month trial, I managed to double my page views, get into Ezoic, and start making consistent money with ads.
It’s a no-brainer if you want to grow your blog and finally want to make money with something you love doing. Sign up today!
Other Things To Do To Earn Extra Income
At the moment, I focus every single free minute I have on growing this website. In the past, I’ve used many different side hustles to make extra money. Here are the ways that have the biggest return on your invested time:
- Flip things for profit – you can flip things you have lying around the house or buy things online and sell them with a big profit. For example, I bought iPhones and sold them for $100 profit per phone. Easy money.
- Do short transcription jobs where you get paid to type. The faster you type, the more money you make.
- Testing websites is a way to make extra income that pays very well, which means that many people want to do it. You get paid around $10 per 10 minutes. Depending on the task at hand, this may be higher.
- There are dozens of platforms out there where you can do simple tasks to get free gift cards. Here are the best platforms to earn free gift cards to cash in at places including Amazon, Target, Starbucks, and more.
- Check here for 40+ side hustle ideas that can make you a couple of hundred bucks extra per year.
February Passive Income
With passive income, you can make money without putting any hours of work in. My peer-to-peer investments and quarterly dividends currently provide me with passive income.
Do you want to start investing in peer-to-peer platforms? Check out which P2P platforms currently give a sign-up or cashback bonus!
In February, I got $48 in passive income. Here is a breakdown of that:
Note: I’m not a financial advisor, and I’m not giving financial advice. I’m only telling you what steps I take. A significant part of my investment portfolio is peer-to-peer lending or crowdlending, which means higher risk and higher return.
Many peer-to-peer platforms have had some coronavirus difficulties at the beginning of the year. Now, most of the projects are restarted or refunded. It is essential to know the risks of peer-to-peer lending before you start investing in any of the below platforms.
Portfolio Value: $4,128
Average Interest Rate (XIRR): 12.32%
Passive Income: $18
Crowdestor is my biggest platform at the moment. Their payments fluctuate since the projects I’ve invested in pay irregularly. In addition to that, some late projects will lower payouts for the next couple of months.
Check out my Crowdestor review for more detailed info.
Portfolio Value: $1,813
Average Interest Rate (XIRR): 11.41%
Passive Income: $12
Mintos is currently one of Europe’s biggest peer-to-peer platforms, and it’s more reliable than many others. It’s the perfect place to start investing in peer-to-peer lending.
It’s important to know which loan originators to choose from to decrease your risk on the platform.
🔥 If you’re not using Mintos yet, check it out. You can read our Mintos review here, or you can sign up directly.
When you sign up with Mintos using this link, you get a 0.5% extra return on any investments made within the first 90 days!Try Mintos Now
Portfolio Value: $1,616
Average Interest Rate (XIRR): 8.43%
Passive Income: $14
EstateGuru is one of the biggest platforms focused on real estate crowdfunding. They lower the barrier to invest in real estate, as you can start investing from $50.
EstateGuru is my favorite real estate crowdfunding platform at the moment. I’m slowly adding more money to the platform month over month.
EstateGuru is currently giving 0.5% cashback to my readers in the first three months if you sign up using my link.Join EstateGuru Today >>
Portfolio Value: $624
Average Interest Rate (XIRR): 4.19%
Passive Income: $4
Funding Circle was the first crowdlending platform I invested in back in 2018. Their returns aren’t great, and they have no buyback guarantee.
All the other platforms I have mentioned have a far greater risk-reward ratio, so check them out instead.
🔥 I have a list of the best real estate crowdfunding platforms that I recommend.
Portfolio Value: $117
Average Interest Rate (XIRR): 6.18%
Passive Income: $1
A year ago, I started investing with Reinvest24, a real estate investment platform that allows me to invest relatively low amounts. I like that they pay a yield plus capital gains when you sell like you’re receiving monthly rental income.Open An Account At Reinvest24
- Figure out a new morning routine – FAIL. I’ve not gotten back into my morning routine. I’m too much on my phone in the mornings. Let me know if you have any tips for that!
- Read 10 pages daily – PASS. I’ve been reading before going to bed. I find it much more relaxing compared to checking my phone. I’m currently reading a 4-hour chef from Tim Ferriss, and Never Split The Difference, a book about negotiation. They’re both very interesting.
- Work ahead two weeks in posts – FAIL. Honestly, this hasn’t been a priority the last couple of weeks. I’ve been working on other priorities to publish high-quality articles while also optimizing different parts of the website.
- Go for a run 5x per week – FAIL. Lol, this one is an epic fail. I haven’t been running the last couple of weeks. I should be setting micro-goals instead, where I just go outside a couple of minutes at a time.
- Write two hours every morning – PASS. I’m writing for freelance clients and writing for the blog. If you need someone to write additional articles for you, hit me up!
- Go outside daily
- Figure out a new morning routine
- Read 10 pages daily
- Create a resume printable, where I share exactly what you have to do for your resume to stand out. Many have asked me for my tips & tricks, and I’d love to share them.
- Rewrite money blueprint about how to win the money game
Want to read my order income reports?
- August 2019 Monthly Report
- September 2019 Monthly Report
- October 2019 Monthly Report
- November 2019 Monthly Report
- December 2019 Monthly Report
- January 2020 Monthly Report
- February 2020 Monthly Report
- March 2020 Monthly Report
- April 2020 Monthly Report
- May 2020 Monthly Report
- June 2020 Monthly Report
- July 2020 Monthly Report
- August 2020 Monthly Report
- September 2020 Monthly Report
- October 2020 Monthly Report
- November 2020 Monthly Report
- December 2020 Monthly Report
How was your February? Let me know below!
Founder of Spark Nomad, Radical FIRE, Journalist
- Expertise: Personal finance and travel content
- Education: Bachelor of Economics at Radboud University, Master in Finance at Radboud University, Minor in Economics at Chapman University.
- Over 200 articles, essays, and short stories published across the web.
Experience: Marjolein Dilven is a journalist and founder of Spark Nomad, a travel platform, and Radical FIRE, a personal finance platform. Marjolein has a finance and economics background with a master’s in Finance. She has quit her job to travel the world, documenting her travels on Spark Nomad to help people plan their travels. Marjolein Dilven has written for publications like MSN, Associated Press, CNBC, Town News syndicate, and more.